SAN CHOY BOW
Running out of ideas on what to cook for dinner?
Our talented Chef Savine shares his San Choy Bow recipe for you to create tasty little morsels wrapped in lettuce leaves for an appetiser or complete dinner.
This quick and easy recipe is simple for a little at home cooking inspiration.
Make sure to follow @mywests on Instagram where we share tastes and sensations from all over the world to surprise and excite you.
San Choy Bow
- 500g chicken mince / pork mince / beef mince
- 1 whole white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 piece ginger, sliced and diced
- 300g tin water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup re-hydrated shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 pkt(250g) chinese bean sprouts
- ½ bch coriander, chopped
- 3 Sticks shallots, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3-4 tbs oyster sauce (add more if you want)
- 1 iceburg lettuce
- 1 - 3tbs corn flour (optional to thicken sauce if required)
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Cook off the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add the chicken mince and cook for 3 minutes or until coloured and thoroughly cooked through.
- Add the remaining ingredients - onion, water chestnuts, shiitake mushrooms, Chinese bean sprouts, coriander, shallots, lime juice, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Add corn flour a tablespoon at a time and stir to thicken sauce if too watery.
- Place some cooked rice in a lettuce leaf.
- Top this with the chicken mince then roll up and eat.