Chef Savine shares his lamb risoni dish to warm up your kitchen during the cold nights.
Make sure to follow @wests_eats on Instagram where we share tastes and sensations from all over the world to surprise and excite you.
- 500g Diced Lamb
- 1 White onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs Tomato paste
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Flour, all purpose
- 300ml Chicken or Beef stock (may need more)
- 1 sprig Rosemary, leaves
- 2 tbs Olives, pitted & chopped
- 2 tbs Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 100g Crumbed fetta cheese
- ½ bch Chopped Parsley
- 300g Risoni pasta
- Seasoning (salt and pepper to taste)
- Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil in an oven proof dish.
- Add the lamb until it colours. Add seasoning to the lamb then add the tomato paste and flour.
- Slowly add the stock a little at a time until the mix becomes a thickened cream consistency. Add the sprig of rosemary.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for about 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, add the pasta to the casserole dish, still in well to get the pasta mixed evenly and cook for a further 30 minutes. (Image portrays dish with risoni pasta cooked separately)
- Remove dish from the oven and just prior to serving, add the olives, sun dried tomatoes, crumbled fetta and parsley to the dish.