Banana Fritters are the perfect crispy treat to serve warm with ice cream or drizzles of maple syrup. We bet you won't be able to have just one!
Make sure to follow @wests_eats on Instagram where we share tastes and sensations from all over the world to surprise and excite you.
- 100g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 150 ml water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Banana
- Brown Sugar for coating
- In a bowl, add the flour and salt
- Add the oil and water into the bowl and combine with a hand whisk. Once the consistency is thick like heavy cream set it aside. If the consistency is too thin add a little more flour. If the consistency is too thin, add a little more flour.
- Heat a small saucepan with the oil of your choice until it reaches 180 C. Fill the pan one third deep with oil.
- Whilst the oil begins to heat up, peel the banana before cutting in half and slicing length ways to make 4 pieces.
- Dip each of the pieces in the batter until it is fully coated and place each piece into the pan carefully.
- Once the fritters are golden brown, place them onto some kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil.
- Dip each piece at a time into the sugar to coat.
- Whilst they're warm, serve the Banana Fritters with your favourite ice-cream or some maple syrup!