The World's Healthiest Chocolate Cake
Teresa Cutter aka The Healthy Chef, shares with us her delicious recipe for a afternoon pick-me-up or impressive dessert.
Make sure to follow @wests_eats on Instagram where we share tastes and sensations from all over the world to surprise and excite you.
World's Healthiest Chocolate Cake
- 250ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250ml Almond milk
- 250ml Honey
- 125g Coconut Sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 6 teaspoons of Gluten-Free baking powder
- 160g Callebaut Cocoa Powder
- 600g Almond meal
Avocado Frosting ingredients
- 2 large Avocados (400g total in Avocado flesh)
- 80g Callebaut Cocoa Powder
- 125ml Honey
- 125ml Coconut Cream
- 60ml Melted Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F) fan forced.
- Combine olive oil, almond milk, honey, eggs and vanilla into a bowl.
- Add the baking powder, cocoa and almond meal and mix through until combined.
- Pour batter into 2 x 20 cm cake tins which has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake cake for 45 minutes until cooked then remove from the oven to cool. It’s ok if the cake is a little moist in the middle as this adds to the fudgy texture.
- Decorate with the frosting and enjoy.
1. Combine the ingredients into a Vitamix or good quality blender.
2. Blend using the tamper, until smooth and creamy.
3. Use the frosting for the chocolate cake.
Enjoy a slice for morning or afternoon tea and again for dessert!